Followers

Monday, September 22, 2008

Chiropractic and Knee Pain

Even though surgical intervention may be the right answer for many suffering from knee pain, conservative chiropractic and physiotherapy may be just as effective, or better in some cases. Today, in the health section of the L.A.Times there was a great article on the efficacy of arthoscopyc surgery and knee pain.
The jest of the article states that in many cases, conservative care fares much better than surgical intervention.
I have seen many patients with knee pain in my office, and for the most part, I've been able to help them get back to their respective activities. For a full copy of the article go to see full article.

Common treatments for knee pain include:
- Myofascial release
- Mobilization of the joint
- Kinesiotape
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Custom arch supports (orthotics)

For more information on how chiropractic can help you visit my website
or email me at dreric@drericnepo.com

No comments: