Followers

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

ARSENIC IN YOUR TURKEY? YES!!! AHHHHHHHH

In this day and age, where we know so much, it also seem we also know very little, particularly about what is being fed to us. In a recent article by published today in the L.A.Times (click here to read full article) I learned that ARSENIC, a poisonous substance, is added turkeys. Why you ask? So they "look better". The same substance used is banned in Europe. Why not here, in the land of the free? My guess is that cooporate greed had a hand in this.

The sad thing is that as a consumer, it's nearly impossible to know. Is this information beind disclosed? I don't know, I'll have to pay attention to the turkey packaging next time I'm in the store, but being a 35 year old man, and having bought my fair share of said birds, I know I didn't know about this.

How far will greed and vanity take us? It would be nice if this didn't happen on the first place.

I'm still in shock about this. One more thing to stay on top of.

Please read the article and pass it along to your loved ones.

Best and happy thanksgiving,

Dr. Eric - Santa Monica Chiropractor
310-993-8482

No comments: